Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I played a a gme of touch football the other night was my…

Customer Question
Hi i played a a...
Hi i played a a gme of touch football the other night was my first game in 5 years was very fast game and after a while i ended up i couldnt run and keep up i use to play 2 times a week and had no problems but this time after 10mins i started to feel very sick an ended up vomiting I did have water before the game and during the game but only very small amount as if i drink too much i end up with bad pains on my sides cramps so why did i end up feeing so sick and no longer play? Can i prevent this from happning in my next game next week?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Health
2/3/2010
Health Professional: Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor replied 8 years ago
Anthony Bray, MD

Hello!

Your nausea and early fatigue may have been in part deconditioning. If the weather was hot and you were perspiring heavily then heat exhaustion may have played a role. I would recommend that you gradually work to rebuild your conditioning. Avoid running too continuously without taking a break when it is very hot. Drinking Gatorade or some drink with some electrolyes in it as well is better than water by itself if you are perspiring heavily. The hotter it is; then you will need to rest and cool off more frequently.

I hope these tips help. Further questions are welcome if you have any. If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to press the "ACCEPT" button. Thank You and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Hi thanks for the advice also would like taking motionsickness tablets help at all before running around? as i do get sea sickness from being at sea over a period of time would taking tablets help my stomach from becoming so bad ?

Hello!

It's possible that tablets for motion sickness would help to reduce the likelihood of you becoming nauseated. Dramamine, meclizine and benedryl are in the antihistamine family but these all help with preventing nausea (whether caused by motion sickness or other reason). Transderm scopolamine is a prescription patch for motion sickness which would be another option.

I hope this helps. Further questions are welcome if you have any.

Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Anthony Bray, MD