Susan Ivy
Susan Ivy, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  BSN, MSN, CNS
8413180

My wife is pregnant she is due in 9 weeks and just today her

Customer Question

My wife is pregnant she is due in 9 weeks and just today her left arm started going numb and then her tung and now her right are she says she feels weird also kinda dizzy almost buzzed I guess you would say
Category: Health
Expert:  Susan Ivy replied 7 years ago.

HelloCustomer

Thank you for writing to JustAnswer with your question.

Does you wife have a history of pregnancy induced hypertension (high blood pressure)?

Whether she does or not, she does need to go to an ER for evaluation. Try not to alarm her, because an increased level of anxiety won't help, but never the less, she could possibly have high enough blood pressure to cause ischemia to part of her brain (lack of blood to part of the brain) or could even have thrown a small clot (had a stroke). It is definatly possible that she will totally recover, this could be what is called a transient ischemic attack, and it might be possible that there is a nerve compressed in her upper spine, but you must take her in now for evaluation. If the hospital is not close by, call 911.

If you have questions please reply but you need to get going with this.

Please update me with results after visit to ER if you don't mind. There is not charge for you following up to this post even if you accept the answer.

She should not eat and rest comfortably with her head elevated.