A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

I have a boil on my face that is about the size a nickel is

I have a boil on my face that is about the size a nickel is there any antibotics i can get over the counter to help fight the infection??Im using campho-Pheniquce .Ive had the boil since 1/27/2010.

Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. There are no antibiotics available without a prescription. Your physician would need to prescribe the correct antibiotic depending on which bacterium is causing the infection.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Is there anything i could do to help the boil burst faster im going on vacation tommorow and would like to get rid of the boil quick as possible?

You can try applying hot compresses for 15 minutes several times a day. When you aren't applying compresses you should keep it covered with a bandaid to keep it moist. Please don't be tempted to squeeze it or open it with a needle since this always makes it worse.