Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I WOKE UP YESTERDAY AND FELT LIKE I HAD A RUBER BAND AROUND

Customer Question

I WOKE UP YESTERDAY AND FELT LIKE I HAD A RUBER BAND AROUND MID CALF BY LAST NIGHT MY LOWER CALF WAS BRIGHT RED SKIN IS TIGHT AND IT HURTS TO TOUCH AND TO WALK WHAT IS IT HELP
Category: Health
Expert:  Family Physician replied 7 years ago.
There are several conditions that could cause your symptoms including cellulitis (a skin infection) or a DVT (blood clot in the veins of the lower leg).

It is ESSENTIAL that you seek treatment for this immediately. Left untreated, either of these conditions could lead to serious complications.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I HAVE HAD A LOT OF WATER GAIN BUT THE RUBBER BAND FEELING JUST STARTED YESTERDAY THEN IT TURNED BRIGHT RED SORE THE TOUCH SKIN IS SO TIGHT AND IT HURTS TO WALK UMM ALSO NUMBNESS AND TINGLING IN MY LEFT CALF IT IS ONLY ON LOWER PART OF CALF. BUT IT LOOKS LIKE I HAVE BEEN BURNED I AM SO RED
I would again stress the need to have this examined by a physician TODAY. This could be a serious medical condition.

Left untreated this condition could become much worse. You may need to be on intravenous antibiotics or a blood thinner.
Please DO NOT delay seeking medical treatment.