Julia Kizhner
Julia Kizhner, Physician Assistant
Experience:  7 years experience working in Primary Care as well as Gastroenterology, Sleep Medicine & Weight Loss
23717712

What is the danger of eating the banana leaf wrapper around

what is the danger of eating the banana leaf wrapper around Thai food?

Hello and thank you for your question.

I would like to clarify with you..are you talking about the yellow skin of the banana? Are you asking if its dangerous to eat it?

Thanks,

Julia

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No, this is the leaf which is like a thin green paper like consistency which they use to wrap the food in and imparts a sweet flavor.

I understand...thank you for your reply.

There should not be much danger in eating that. Paper will be able to pass through your stomach and be passed in the stool. The only danger could be some bacteria on it which can cause you diarrhea but this is very unlikely.

If you have already eaten that, there is nothing that you should do at this point. It will come out of your body in a couple of days with your stool. If you have not eaten it and are thinking about eating it, I would recommend that you dont.

I hope this answers your question. Please let me know if you have any questions or need any clarification.

If you are satisfied with the answer, please click the green "Accept" button so that I can get credit for my work.

Happy New Year and best wishes,

Julia

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Did you get my acceptance? The computer did not show the accept screen after I clicked the Accept button, and I don't want to accept twice.

Thank you for checking. I did not get the acceptance, usually it shows up right away. You should not be charged twice if you click it again. In case you do, the company will remove the second charge for you immediately if you let us know.

Again, thank you.

Julia

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for the information. This agrees with what information I have found, however I guess not too many people are curious enough to try this leaf wrapping when eating. I advise against it!

Thanks