How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CamilleRN Your Own Question
CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 4183
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.
Type Your Health Question Here...
CamilleRN is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I will sometimes develop a rash after sex on my pubic area

Resolved Question:

I will sometimes develop a rash after sex on my pubic area and thighs but not my penis. I went to the doctor in the past and he told me it was from friction. I used hydrocortisone cream and it would go away after a few days. This only happens with certain girls however and I heard that a high PH can cause this. I am also taking Prilosec and I heard this raises the PH. Can you assist me with this so I don't get this everytime?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 7 years ago.

Hi and thank you for your question. Prilosec increases your intragastric PH and wouldn't siginificantly affect your skin in this way. You could try using a barrier cream, rubbed in well, to prevent friction irritation. There is a particularly good cream called Mayron's good baby cream flund here:

<p> I hope this information helps you. Please remember to click accept. Thank you and Happy New Year! :-)

CamilleRN and 2 other Health Specialists are ready to help you