How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Saha Your Own Question
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 17828
Experience:  35 years of experience
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Saha is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Since July 1, 2009, in my hair line at the back of my head,

Customer Question

Since July 1, 2009, in my hair line at the back of my head, I have been itching and scratching to the point that I took antibiotics more than several times which did make it improve plus used Zyrtec sometimes twice a day plus Hydroxizins at night and put some kind of steroid solution on them but they are still there. I have talked to my regular doctor about this (an internist), my neurologist, and an allergist, but I still have the problem. I do get my hair (roots) colored about every 6 weeks (we tested the bleach solution which I did not have a reaction to). There is an especially large lump behind my right ear which get bigger the worse these sores get. No doctor seems concerned. Could I have a tumor or cancer or what?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 7 years ago.

The large lump behind the ear seems to be due to an enlarged lymph node.

This usually occurs from an inflammation , infection in its draining area.

Rarely it can be from any growth but it will not increase with the increase in soreness.

It appears that it has been enlarged secondary to the sore areas at the hair line.

You need to consult a dermatologist for examination and investigation to get the proper diagnosis.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Please ask if you need any clarification.

Best wishes.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The answer was to see a dermatologist which I had said I had already done. So I do not feel that this answer gave me any new info. or help. So do not charge my acct.