A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

Which Medicare Part D supplier offers the best dental coverage?

Hello;

Thank you for writing in today. Medicare Part D is actually more of a supplement for prescription drug coverage. Dental procedures under any Medicare plan is actually quite limited. For most patients, picking up a separate dental insurance is usually necessary. However, depending on your situation, you may or may not qualify for Medicaid. Medicaid actually covers dental procedures better than Medicare, and many seniors, living on fixed incomes, actually qualify for Medicaid but are unaware. Also, you may want to consider discussing possible options for supplemental dental insurance options with your local county health department or area office on aging. These can actually be great resources. Even if you aren't living on a fixed income, these agencies can help locate plans that fit your needs or offer discounts. I hope this helps. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please let me know. Lisa

Lisa, MSN, FNP-BC, CCRN, Nurse Practitioner
Experience: Board Certified Family Nurse Practitioner
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thank you, Lisa. I was hoping for a specific answer but your generic advice was helpful. My question was phrased in a manner that should have let you know that I'm already on medicare. Regarding the "Part D" portion of my question, some of the dental practitioners do accept Medicare Part for some or all of the dental work. Depending on the health care company you choose for Medicare Part D. I didn't have a way to compare all of them, nor get a list of dentists from those that do. My lack of planning (waiting until the last day to choose a Part D provider) and my question, probably didn't give you enough time or information for the specifics I was hoping for. I'm not very familiar with "just answer", and I DO NOT want to leave a negative feedback. I was wondering if you would accept $10.00 or try again to answer my question.

Regards,

Elderly Aunt Cool

Hello;

Thank you for responding. Answer satisfaction is very important. I don't expect any payment, unless a customer is fully satisfied. At this point, you are not satisfied; therefore, I can opt out of the question. This will open the question up for other experts to answer. Another expert may be able to assist you mor fully. Take care. Lisa

Medicare Part D plans vary depending on where you are located. The link below allows you to input your zip code and see what plans are available in your area.

http://www.medicare.com/part-d/compare-and-enroll-in-medicare-part-d-plan.html

A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience: Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist