How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Celeste NP Your Own Question
Celeste NP
Celeste NP, Nurse Practitioner
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 1002
Experience:  Family Practice with emphasis in Women's Health, Forensics, Urgent Care, for 14 years.
Type Your Health Question Here...
Celeste NP is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Right leg smaller than left, weaker unable to walk up

Customer Question

right leg smaller than left, weaker unable to walk up stairs-pain radiating down front and
sometimes rear of thigh to knee.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Celeste NP replied 7 years ago.


Is your right leg normally smaller or is this a recent thing?

Does the pain occur only with walking?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

has been that way for past year/ hurts when walkin sitting or sleeping

Expert:  Celeste NP replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for replying.

It appears you have nerve damage from your lower back. This can cause muscle wasting - getting smaller - . You need to get an MRI and a neurologist consult without delay. Nerve damage that goes on longer can be irrepairable.

You could have a herniated disc or something that is compressing on the spine/nerves causing the pain and muscle wasting.

Celeste NP and other Health Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I sometimes have numbness in my large big toe on my left foot. just want to confirm

what i should do i mentioned i am currently seeing 2nd chiroprator

who agrees with you that i could possibly have some type of nerve damage in the L4

L5 region you mentioned a neurosurgeon . any additional. info need help now.


Expert:  Celeste NP replied 7 years ago.

You need to get a MRI done. Go to your primary care provider to have this done. They can refer you to the neurosurgeon if necessary. The neurosurgeon will not take self referrals and will always want a MRI to look at.

Related Health Questions