Ask Lisa, MSN, FNP-BC, CCRN Your Own Ques...
Lisa, MSN, FNP-BC, CCRN
Lisa, MSN, FNP-BC, CCRN, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified Family Nurse Practitioner
18529113

Ok I'm extremely confused. My last period was dec. 4 and I'm

Ok I'm extremely confused. My last period was dec. 4 and I'm regular. I THINK I ovulated on the 15th because I had alot of clear strethchy discharge. On the 21st I had sex and he ejucaluted all the way inside of me. 2 days after that I stayed dry bit today I had some egg white stringy/stretchy discharge. It was a little more than a quarter size. My next period isn due till Jan.1 but I kind of feel like I'm going to start. But I also know woman can feel like there going to start when there pregnant. What are the chances of pregnancy and what could this discharge be from? Ovulation, pregnancy or is it normal to get that kind of discharge before period is about to start?
Category: Health
Expert:  Lisa, MSN, FNP-BC, CCRN replied 7 years ago.
Hello;

Thank you for writing in today. It is not uncommon to have a glob of cervical mucus discharge right before starting your period. This cervical mucus can be thick as you describe. When a woman is dry, like you described, this is usually when she is least fertile. At this point, if you ovulated on the 15 and then had sex on the 21st, it is possible that you could have become pregnant; however, it would be more likely that you did not become pregnant at that time. I suspect you will start your period soon. If you do miss your cycle, you should consider checking a pregnancy test. However, at this point, again, I suspect that you may be starting soon. I was able to find a link that may help explain the different types of cervical mucus. I particularly like this link, because it has illustrations and explains how to check the mucus. http://www.fertilityuk.org/nfps401.html I hope this helps. Lisa
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Well the thing is I don't know if for sure I ovulated that day. But I guess the discharge was a pretty good indication. I guess it's a 50/50 chance.