Ask Lisa, MSN, FNP-BC, CCRN Your Own Ques...
Lisa, MSN, FNP-BC, CCRN
Lisa, MSN, FNP-BC, CCRN, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified Family Nurse Practitioner
18529113

My sister had womb cancer and ovarian cancer which she had

My sister had womb cancer and ovarian cancer which she had treated with surgery and radiotheraphy. Before she was diagnosed for about 6 months she had thigh pain when walking up inclines. this pain has now worsened and affects her after walking on flat surfaces she has to stop to let the pain pass it is 5 moths since her operation she has been to the doctor with no explanation given
Category: Health
Expert:  Lisa, MSN, FNP-BC, CCRN replied 7 years ago.

Hello;

Thank you for writing in today. Has she has any diagnostics, such as xrays, CT scans, or MRI focusing on her lower back or hips? Please let me know. Lisa

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
she had ct scans before her op and bone scans while under going the radiotheraphy

Hello;

Thank you for responding. At this point, this may not be related to her cancer. The scans that she has had previously, may have been focused on the cancer. Diagnostic testing is executed to evaluate specific concerns. She may need more in depth evaluation for musculoskeletal problems, particularly hip and back issues. My best recommendation would be to have her approach her provider for a referral. She may benefit from a sports medicine or orthopedic specialist consult. Although the onset of the symptom closely correlates to the time frame of the cancer, the possibility of a separate underlying disorder, particularly a musculoskeletal disorder, should be considered. I realize that no one wants a "go to a provider" answer; however, I feel she needs more specialized evaluation by someone that specializes in musculoskeletal issues. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please let me know. Lisa