Dr. Vikas
Dr. Vikas, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S ; M.D (Psychiatry and Deaddiction), MS. Health Informatics
4079050

Far this has happened 4 times now. last night was the

far this has happened 4 times now. last night was the latest. i feel myself getting cold and then shortly afterwards i get severe violent shivers, almost convusling. it lasts up to several minutes. when it happens i get into bed and try to get warm, my whole body is violently shaking, uncontrolably, every muscle is tensed. i have no idea what this is or why. i have no history of epilepsy, generally good health.
i just need some ideas to what it may be.
i dread this happening anywhere outdoors.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 7 years ago.
Hello kolzy,

What is the exact duration of these symptoms?

Any associated nausea, vomiting, blurring of vision, headache with these symptoms?

Any other symptoms you would like to mention?

What happens immediately after these symptoms?

Any history of head injury or any medical illness?

Taking any medicines / drugs?

Thanks
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hi Dr Vikas, duration is usually a few minutes, no associated nausea, vomiting, blurred vision or headaches. Just complete body spasms, every muscle in my body tenses.
no loss of consiousness either.
immediatly afterwards im usually just relieved its over. can be quite scary.
ive a pretty good clean bill of health, no history of illness, no head injuries.
not on any medications either.
i hardly drink alchohol at all though i do smoke.

prior to the spasms/convulsions i get extremely cold.
its the only common factor. the coldness.
Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for your reply kolzy.

These symptoms could be suggestive of some medical cause in the brain. In this case, I guess a complete neurological assessment is required to say something conclusively. For this you need to consult a neurologist and he may order E.E.G along with a C.T scan to find out the exact cause.

Please feel free to ask any related query.

Regards

Please feel free to ask if you need clarification/more information. Kindly click the GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON if you are satisfied with the answer. POSITIVE FEEDBACK and BONUS are warmly appreciated.