Dr. Ryan
Dr. Ryan, Doctor
Experience:  Bachelor in Nursing, 3+ years nursing experience, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
11446854

Im a perfectly healthy eater+go to the gym quite regularly

Hi, Im a perfectly healthy eater+go to the gym quite regularly however, I'm not being able to loose the last 10lbs. Currently, I weight 115 and am aiming at 101lbs. I want to have this energy booster called vpx fat incinerator(yes these pills are unhealthy like any other) but would this help me remove my body fat(I feel my body is accustomed to a certain amount of weight so if I work out more i eat more or feel hungry till I weight back up) Could you recommend me some other if you don't feel happy about it. I don't want a fat blocker or any other but more of a an energy booster+appetite suppressant(that makes me not exceed when I work out more). Also I think I've currently hit a weight loss plateau so any suggestions? I tend to gain weight on my legs and thighs and want to loose fat there(I do weight training) so hence the weight might be ok but I'm looking for something specific. And since I like working out I think the pills will rush out energy in me.

Hello, and excellent question. First of all, I commend you on your commitment to a healthy lifestyle, and hope that with your weight target, you're not a very tall person, otherwise 101 lbs is getting quite thin.

Anyway, I'll offer you up a couple of suggestions and hopefully I can help you out. First of all, I can not offer you up any medication ideas and feel good about it, as they all can have pretty nasty side effects. One of the things that I will suggest is a slower weight taper using conventional methods, which has worked exceedingly well for many of my patients, regardless of if they weigh 110 pounds, or 410. The method I suggest first is to use the livestrong.com website. ( i have no incentive to suggest this, financial or other). There is a massive database of foods, as well as dietary breakdown, and weight loss goals (ie 2lbs a week, which is a safe rate). There is also a database of activities/ sports/ etc, so you can log all of your foods, as well as your workouts. This way you can track your weight loss, and caloric intake, and also make sure you're getting sufficient proteins/carbos/etc. The best part is, it's all free.

The fact of the matter is, that weight loss is a pretty simple equation, what goes in, is either going to stay in, or get used up. A lot of marketing schemes try to make it more complicated, but it really isn't. So if I were you, I'd try keeping an honest tab on your intake, as well as your activity, and shoot for losing 1-2 pounds a week. So you should be able to lose all the weight you want in 6-7 weeks.

As far as a plateau, I'd encourage you to really switch up your workouts, if you're lifting weights, try different machines, or a different style of exercise, or a different class. The best way to get out of a rut, is to really switch it up, and keep your body guessing.

One last tip is, if you're drinking pop, stop. It doesn't matter if it's diet or zero, or whatever, they will make you gain weight. In fact studies have shown that individuals drinking diet soda actually gain more weight than regular. Something to think about.

So I hope this is helpful, if not, please reply, or if you have other questions let me know. I wish you the best, ***** ***** this holiday season.

Please ask if you need clarification/more information.

POSITIVE feedback & a BONUS are greatly appreciated.
Please note that answers are for information only, do not take the place of an assessment by your doctor, and does not establish a patient-physician relationship

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
you point being I shouldn't even bother using the medicine. Yes, I'm 5'2 and the 101 lbs fits in the ideal weight but just on the lighter side. I'm in the middle and want +agility and +flexibility that comes form a lighter body. As far as the healthy diet has been on for 2 years. I'm not eating that to loose weight except maybe my intake is quite large. I do drink a lot of coffee but switched to decaf yesterday so I hope that helps. Do you think the coffee had this no weight loss effect? I usually use the tread mill. The question is that I find the treadmill to be tougher than the cross trainer. Would you still recommend me to use the cross trainer or other machine? Maybe its tougher because its harder on your knees and more aerobic.

Hello again!

Glad to hear you're 5'2. Okay, honestly I don't think the coffee probably plays a large role, there aren't really many calories in it, so if you like the caffeinated go for it, as long as you aren't drinking 4 pots a day.

The key for you will be eating foods that tide you over for a while, such as good proteins along with complex carbohydrates, this way you won't have to eat constantly. The treadmill is great, however I'd still encourage you to mix it up, maybe some other cardio machines, as well as some calisthenics, or a group sport or something.

Oh, and yes, if you can avoid taking any of the weight loss/ fat blocking meds I would highly recommend it. Some of them may work in the short term, but they usually come at a cost, and almost always reverse any positive effects when you stop taking them.

Again, please let me know if you have more questions, good luck...