How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Anil Your Own Question
Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 9160
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Anil is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Kidney stone..dizzyness when I get up, lay down of move my head

Customer Question

Hi I have been living in Sri Lanka since May this year I have had no medical problems apart from a Kidney stone last month when I was home on holiday. I am now suffering from dizzyness when I get up, lay down of move my head sudenly, can you help?
Regards Andy.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 7 years ago.
Do you have headache ?
Any history of diabetes, hypertension?
Nausea and vomiting ?
Are you taking any medication?
Since how long have you been suffering from?
Associated chest pain?
Do you feel dizziness while laying down or getting up ?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.


No headache

No diabetes or hypertension

No nausea or vomiting

No medication

Two days

No pain anywhere

Both laying down and getting up also when I move my head sometimes.

Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 7 years ago.
As you describe there may be possibility of BPPV( benign paroxysmal positional vertigo) in your case.
BPPV usually last a few seconds to a few minutes and are intermittent (i.e., come and go) as a result of a change in position (e.g., rolling over in bed, getting out of bed).

Other possibility include -
Low blood pressure
Low blood sugar
It is advised to undergo Blood pressure monitoring , EKG,Ear examination , blood sugar for further evaluation .
I suggest you to consult a doctor for further evaluation and management.
I hope this helps.

Related Health Questions