How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nurse Milli, RN Your Own Question
Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 4139
Experience:  20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.
Type Your Health Question Here...
Nurse Milli, RN is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an itchy rash on my private parts. It results in flakey

Resolved Question:

I have an itchy rash on my private parts. It results in flakey skin on my scrotum and penis. What is this?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Nurse Milli, RN replied 7 years ago.



From what you are describing it sounds like a fungal infection.


It is difficult to pinpoint this type of thing over the net, because of the nature of the question, but the itching, flaking, and 'rash' appearance is very characteristic of a fungal infection.


I see you have tried the Athlete's foot cream (and it obviously has not helped), so you might need something stronger than this.


Hate to say it, but you will most likely need to see your Dr for a culture of the area to see exactly what is going on. After that, they can give you the appropriate cream to use to clear this up.


Hope this helps!




PLEASE NOTE: The $$$ that you have put down as a deposit will not go to me until you click "ACCEPT" after reading your answer. Otherwise, it will be held by and I will not receive credit for my time and efforts.

Please ask for clarification if needed.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Is there any other anti fungal cream you can get over counter in UK?

What does culture of the area mean? Thats very polite. If it is an STD such as genital herpes or similar, i guess i can only sort this out through a doctor.
Expert:  Nurse Milli, RN replied 7 years ago.

Ok thanks


Clotrimazole, terbinafine, and Tolnaftate are all antifungals. Some of them are not for use on the genitals area. You can ask your Chemist for suggestions.


A culture of the area just simply means a swab will be taken of the area and sent off to the lab to see what grows out. This is a key determining factor in what is used to treat your condition.


Yes, if it is an STD such as Herpes, blood test can determine this as well.




Nurse Milli, RN and 5 other Health Specialists are ready to help you