Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the emergency room.
11246089

i have 2 teenage daughters who have these little red circles

i have 2 teenage daughters who have these little red circles about 1/4" on their arms and other areas. they say that they itch, the skin is dry on top of the spot but they havent developed any pustiles as of yet. could you advise what they might be and what we need to do. they have seasonal allergies but nothing drastic requiring shots or pills.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. R. Bora replied 7 years ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer and thank you for your question.
This looks like hives or urticaria. This is usually allergic in origin but may be due to various other factors also like from sunlight, cold, pressure, vibration or exercise.You should give them non sedating antihistamine like Claritin for the itching.

If this does not help, sedating antihistamines like hydroxyzine, cyproheptadine or doxepin may be taken. These are however prescription medicines and you will have to consult your family doctor for a prescription.

I hope my answer is helpful to you. For accepting the answer, please press the "GREEN ACCEPT" button.
I would be highly obliged for a POSITIVE FEEDBACK and BONUS from you.