CamilleRN
CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.
22106326

I got chicken pox when I was 12-years-olds, which was 20

Customer Question

I got chicken pox when I was 12-years-olds, which was 20 years ago. After the sickness I become very tired during the day and when I laughed and got excited I became very weak. I still get tired during the day and weak when I laugh and become excited. What is the problem?
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 7 years ago.
Hi and thank you for your question. There is no documentation regarding long term fatique secondary to Chickenpox ( varicella zoster virus) . Chicken pox is usually self limiting and the patient recovers fully. The virus however remains dormant. Shingles is caused by reactivation of the varicella zoster virus decades after the initial episode of chickenpox. It does not seem likely that your symptoms are connected to the chicken pox. Have you been tested for the epstein barr virus? ( mono)
Your symptoms may be due to Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), which is a complicated disorder characterized by extreme fatigue that may worsen with physical or mental activity. Your fatigue could also be due to incorrect breathing patterns, especially since it correlates to laughing.
CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience: Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.
Expert:  Dr_Aroara replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Hello
i would like to ask you certain questions
1) do you have weakness in chewing, your muscles of chewing get fatigued.
2) do you feel weak in the evenings
3) some times its food which is difficult to swallow.
4) evening is the worst time
5) lids of eyes also droop in tiredness
6) the neck muscles become weak and cant hold the neck