Ask Lisa, MSN, FNP-BC, CCRN Your Own Ques...
Lisa, MSN, FNP-BC, CCRN
Lisa, MSN, FNP-BC, CCRN, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified Family Nurse Practitioner
18529113

What do you see as critcal factors to consider when deciding

What do you see as critcal factors to consider when deciding on whether a practice should adopt EMRs? What are key issues to be aware of once a practice has adopted EMRs?
Hello;

Thank you for writing in today. May I ask you about this question? Is this for a homework project? If so, are you looking for length or just ideas to consider? Please let me know. Lisa
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I am looking for both length and ideas as well. Anything would be helpful. Thanks!

Could you tell me more about the assignment. Particularly the word length and due date?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It just a discussion so it does not required much so under 100 words sound goods as long as it covered the two questions ask. Thanks!
Before implementing an EMR system, clinic staff need to consider many factors. First of all, the overall design of the system must be considered. Does the system meet the needs of the providers, staff, and patients? Also, cost is a factor. The implementation of an EMR system is costly. Cost can be prohibitive; however, over time, implementation of electronic records may prove to be economical in comparison to paper costs over time. In addition, the learning curve must be considered. The ability to train staff, while meeting the demands of the practice, are important factors to consider. Also, when considering the implementation of an EMR system, staff acceptance and willingness to support this change is an important factor. Finally, availability of technical support is important when considering EMR implementation. If the clinic chooses to implement an EMR system, once the system, ongoing staff monitoring, mentoring, and feedback are necessary to ensure appropriate documentation and utilization of the EMR. In addition, provisions must be made to ensure that patient privacy is maintained. For example, policies should be implemented to ensure monitors are not left unattended. I hope this helps..................... It may be a bit lengthy for your needs; however, I tend to be wordy, so you may be able to edit. I hope it provides you with some general ideas for your discussion. Lisa
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

So Lisa, what part of all of these that answer the following questions:

What do you see as critical factors to consider when deciding on whether a practice should adopt EMRs?

What are key issues to be aware of once a practice has adopted EMRs?

What do you see as critical factors to consider when deciding on whether a practice should adopt EMRs?................Before implementing an EMR system, clinic staff need to consider many factors. First of all, the overall design of the system must be considered. Does the system meet the needs of the providers, staff, and patients? Also, cost is a factor. The implementation of an EMR system is costly. Cost can be prohibitive; however, over time, implementation of electronic records may prove to be economical in comparison to paper costs over time. In addition, the learning curve must be considered. The ability to train staff, while meeting the demands of the practice, are important factors to consider. Also, when considering the implementation of an EMR system, staff acceptance and willingness to support this change is an important factor. Finally, availability of technical support is important when considering EMR implementation.
What are key issues to be aware of once a practice has adopted EMRs?...............If the clinic chooses to implement an EMR system, once the system, ongoing staff monitoring, mentoring, and feedback are necessary to ensure appropriate documentation and utilization of the EMR. In addition, provisions must be made to ensure that patient privacy is maintained. For example, policies should be implemented to ensure monitors are not left unattended.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for the clarification, Lisa. This is great!
You're welcome. Have fun in school :)

Lisa
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hello Ms. Lisa, I need helps again. Are you available?
I am available for awhile tonight. Just post a new thread with my name, and I will answer it. Lisa
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I'm not sure how to do that?