Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

I have a large mass in my left cheek near my anus. It is

I have a large mass in my left butt cheek near my anus. It is about the size of a bar of soap. when i push on it with my finger i can actually leave indentations in the mass. I can still make bowel movements without issue, but the mass does hurt and it is hard to sit down. I have had internal hemorrhoids for some time, but I am not sure if this mass is related to it.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 7 years ago.

Greetings.

Is it red, warm, tender, painful and hard (or fluid filled)?

Since how long is it there?

What are the treatment and investigations done?

Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
it is painful and hard. It is not red or warm. it started small about a month ago and has since gotten bigger and bigger. I have not done any treatment. I have only inspected it with my fingers.

It can be perianal abscess or peri-rectal abscess. Usually they are quite painful and do have some sort of warmth and redness associated. A chronic mycobacterial infection thus can be a possibility. You need to consult a general surgeon or a surgical gastroenterologist. An ultrasound is the initial investigation. An investigative tap by putting a fine needle or wide bore needle also can be done for the diagnosis if the ultrasound shows it to be cystic mass.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

Dr. Arun