How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Shah Your Own Question
Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 3898
Experience:  Years of experience in patients' management.
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Shah is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have stomach pains high up- coming in waves on and off for

Resolved Question:

I have stomach pains high up- coming in waves on and off for the past few hours. Sometimes the pain is unbarable- no chance of spleaping:(
Is there anything I should take or try and do?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 7 years ago.
Do you have any other symptoms like nausea, bowel upset, heartburn, belching? Do you have any pain when you press on the upper stomach? How severe is the pain in 1 to 10 scale?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No bowel upset at all- I have been sick but not really through nausea- just caused b the tight pains in upper stomach. They were extremely painful (8 out of 10) but now the pains have calmed a little but still very much there. I had a minor stomach upset last night also but nothing as bad as this.
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 7 years ago.
You don't seem to have any other alarming symptoms at this time. Your pain sounds like spasmodic pain, which could be due to wide number of causes ranging from infection, indigestion or non specific. Looking at the severity of pain, you need urgent care, but in the absence of any other symptoms, you can choose to wait and watch for new symptoms which may require ER visit. It's a sub clinical presentation and it's too early to point out the specific cause just on the basis of pain. In the mean time, I would suggest you to take soft diet, drink adequate water, take rest and for pain your can take Tylenol. If the problem persist longer or it gets worse, then you will have to visit ER.
Dr. Shah and 4 other Health Specialists are ready to help you