A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

I was on Estratest H/S for a number of years with no

Customer Question

I was on Estratest H/S for a number of years with no problem, when i placed my order with the pharmacy they told me that the drug had been taken off the market. My doctor wrote me a script where can i send it to be filled before both my husband and i go nuts. Sincerely,
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 7 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. Estratest was removed from the market after March 31, 2009 by its only supplier, Solvay, and there is no exact replacement. Therefore there isn't anywhere that it can be filled. You can ask your prescriber for separate testosterone and estrogen replacements.

http://www.solvaypharmaceuticals-us.com/static/wma/pdf/1/4/9/5/9/EstratestStatement-Web.pdf

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Take off the charge to my credit card you did not give me any answers i did not already know why should i pay you

You got your answer. Estratest is not available. Period. I'm sorry I cannot change that fact of life for you.

Those of us who provide answers do not handle money. You can email *****@******.*** and ask that your deposit be refunded. Any deposit remains with Just Answer and experts are not paid for their time until you accept an answer.

I have checked with a pharmacist colleague who advises you to ask your pharmacist about this one. There are some brand new similar formulations just now being offered that your pharmacist may have to order special for you. Evidently this is something that US pharmacists have just learned about since nobody in my office has heard of it although we all got notified back in the Spring about Estratest. Maybe your marriage can be saved after all. LOL.