How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Bhumika Your Own Question
Dr Bhumika
Dr Bhumika, Doctor
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 3197
Experience:  6 years of experience as family physician, general practitioner; MD Chest Diseases; Allergy, Asthma
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr Bhumika is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a pain in my lower rib area on the right side that

Resolved Question:

I have a pain in my lower rib area on the right side that sometimes moves to front area of the rib cage. This doesn't bother during daily activities,but when I lay down,roll over & when I get up from bed,has been there several mos-ibruprofin helps. I am 68 & female. What is your opinion?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Bhumika replied 8 years ago.

For how long have you had the pain? Any history of trauma or injury?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
no known trauma or injury-it has been ongoing for several mos-sometimes worse than others
Expert:  Dr Bhumika replied 8 years ago.

For the pain - do not lift heavy weights, local application of pain relief medications, warm compresses would help. It would be a good idea to go to physiotherapy - it would help.

Continue with the pain relief medications.

This could be a muscle pull or muscle spasm - it would be best to take physiotherapy for some time.

If the symptoms still persist - get an xray done to rule out a rib fracture.

Let me know if you need any other information.

Please click ACCEPT so that i get paid for my work. A bonus would be appreciated.

Dr Bhumika and 5 other Health Specialists are ready to help you