How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Doctor Mark Your Own Question
Doctor Mark
Doctor Mark, Doctor
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 3849
Experience:  board certified in Internal Medicine. Over 30 years of geriatric and primary care experience
Type Your Health Question Here...
Doctor Mark is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

June 2009 annual eye exam. Dr. advised detection of some

Resolved Question:

June 2009 annual eye exam. Dr. advised detection of some early stage of mascular degeneration. Perscribed PreserVision eye vitamin with Luten ( I do not smoke). Take 2 daily come back in a year and this should take care of it. Do I need to see a specialist?
Errol Hall
Texarkana Texas
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Doctor Mark replied 7 years ago.
Lutein is fine for your condition. There are 2 types of mac. degeneration. The wet and the dry kind. You need to see a retinal specialist as they are the experts in macular degeneration. The wet type is treated with shots. I would see a retinal opthalmologist as soon as possible as loss of vision is common with macular degeneration.
Doctor Mark and 2 other Health Specialists are ready to help you

Related Health Questions