How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Mark Your Own Question
Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 11946
Experience:  U.S. Physician/Surgeon in Neurosurgery
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Mark is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is it a HIPAA breach to provide a parent with the name of an

Resolved Question:

Is it a HIPAA breach to provide a parent with the name of an adult child's social worker in the state of North Carolina?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 7 years ago.
Hipaa primarily concerns a patient's protected health information.

However just the name of a social worker assigned to the child is not protected health imfoation. However discussing specific issues with the social worker about his medical condition is not permitted via the hipaa rules, as you would have to get permission from the son to learn of any specific medical conditions.
Dr. Mark and other Health Specialists are ready to help you