How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Arun Phophalia Your Own Question
Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 34678
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Arun Phophalia is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

severe abdominal pain..seen by a gynecologist..cyst on her ovaries

Resolved Question:

my daughter is 21 years old and suffers from time to time from severe abdominal pain, which do not occur with her period. she has been seen by a gynecologist and was noted for having cyst on her ovaries,and giving medication, seems to be suffering still. is there some other type of doctor or specialist she should see. she has excellent medical insurance.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 7 years ago.



Has she nausea, vomiting, urinary complaints, loss of appetite, bloating, heart burn, pain related to meals, constipation/diarrhea?


Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 7 years ago.



She should be seen by a gastroenterologist. She would require further investigations like;


1) A CT scan with intravenous and oral contrast

2) Ultrasound of the whole abdomen


These would give the diagnosis or further guidelines for the work up.


Please feel free for your follow up questions.


Dr. Arun

Dr. Arun Phophalia and 3 other Health Specialists are ready to help you