How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. P. Jyoti Your Own Question
Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 9126
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. P. Jyoti is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

body aches and fever running between 101 and as high as 104.7.

This answer was rated:

My daughter has had flu symptoms for about 5 days now.. She has body aches and fever running between 101 and as high as 104.7. She is 18 years old. She has not eaten anything for 5 days and is now thirsty but unable to quench that thirst..
This is something for which it would be est to consult the doctor.

Flu symptoms can usually be treated at home, but it is medically recommended that the doctor should be consulted if fever is more than 102 degrees F.

Hence your daughter fits the recommendation for a medical consultation and should consult a doctor.

Meanwhile, you are doing the correct things by treating her with rest, fluids, tylenol and gatorade, these are the mainstay of treatment.

If she feels her thirst is not quenched by fluids, then she could be suffering from dehydration. She should drink a lot of fluids, not just water but gatorade, fruit juices, etc.

In particular , she should pay attention to her urine, it should be watery and not high coloured.

Also, you should consult your doctor.

I hope my answer has helped you. Please click on the green 'accept' button below for accepting this answer. Feedback/Bonus will be appreciated.
Dr. P. Jyoti and other Health Specialists are ready to help you