How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lisa, MSN, FNP-BC, CCRN Your Own Ques...
Lisa, MSN, FNP-BC, CCRN, Nurse Practitioner
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 890
Experience:  Board Certified Family Nurse Practitioner
Type Your Health Question Here...
Lisa, MSN, FNP-BC, CCRN is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I spent 8 hours using a rototiller with the exhause blowing

Customer Question

i spent 8 hours using a rototiller with the exhause blowing at my legs. 2 hours after i finished i started getting a headache and feeling nausia.I also still taste the exhaust fumes and its been 2 1/2 days, now. I feel like crap. what should i do? Bob
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Lisa, MSN, FNP-BC, CCRN replied 8 years ago.


Thank you for writing in today.

Exhaust does present with some potentially harmful side effects when inhaled. At this point, since you had prolonged exposure and currently demonstrate symptoms of nausea and headache, you should be evaluated. Possible carbon monoxide poisoning should be ruled out. This involves a blood test. Also, in addition to a full physical, your oxygen status should be assessed. When carbon monoxide enters the blood, it changes the way that the red blood cell carries oxygen. This can cause a person to be hypoxic, which can manifest as nausea and headache.

I realize that no one wants the "go to your provider" answer; however, sometimes it is necessary.