Dr.  RK
Dr. RK, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S. , over 7 years of experience in the field of Medical practice
14180959

I'm worried. My Glucose is 104 (fasting) My triglycerides

I'm worried.
My Glucose is 104 (fasting)
My triglycerides 281 (fasting)
What are my dangers?
What can I do to lower?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 7 years ago.

DearCustomer

Greetings and welcome to justanswer,

The blood glucose levels of 105mg/dl is within normal range and you need not worry.The triglycerides levels are higher than normal and can be brought down to normal by the help of exercise, diet and medical therapy.

You should take less of fat and oil in diet.The addition of polyunsaturated fatty acid as in sunflower oil and fish oil is beneficial to you.

The medication like atrovastatin may be used to lower the levels after consulting your doctor.

Here is the link for more information

triglycerides

Let me know if you have any doubt.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I don't want medicine,

I way 185 pounds and I'm 6'1" tall.

If I excersize real hard, you think my trigycerides will lower alot or just a little?

Waht about eating honey in the morning, good or bad. I eat honey with hot tea in the morning. Should I stop?

Expert:  Dr. RK replied 7 years ago.

DearCustomer

If you do not want to take medicine then you should lower triglycerides levels in a natural way by eating less sugar, kelly and honey in your diet.Since you are taking honey so you may stop it.

You should alos avoid alcohol, red meat, fried poultry.You may include more fish in your diet as it helps in lowering triglycerides.

You should do regular exercise as well as it does helps in lowering triglycerides levels.

Here is the link for more information

ways to reduce try

diet for lowering tgy

Let me know if you have any doubt.

Thank you!