How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Owen Your Own Question
Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, Doctor
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 55754
Experience:  Board Certified Physician and US Medical School Graduate
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Owen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 49 years old and female. I think I might be in

Resolved Question:

I am 49 years old and female. I think I might be in perimenopause. I have started to get my periods later. and one time I went 58 days without one. This past month, when I was ovulating, I noticed a clear discharge with tiny specks of light blood, but nothing on my underwear or anything I needed a pad for. Then, today, I wiped and had blood on toilet paper with that same discharge, but nothing I need a pad for again. I have had some lower pelvic pain and back pain but no fever or vomiting, no changes in appetite. My last PAP in October of 2008 was normal, and I had an ultra sound In January that confirmed nothing but a possible adenomyosis. I also had an endometrial biopsy that was normal. I did have HPV 15 years ago, but had the LEEP procedure and have been fine since, however, in April I noticed a wart on my inner thigh. I had it excised, but it came back as genital wart. I am in a monogamous relationship with same partner for 13 years. Should I be concerned about these symptoms?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 8 years ago.
From what you have told me including a endometrial biopsy - you have more than covered your bases and you are very much and most likely entering menopause. As an ob/gyn I would proceed no further. If you need something for menopausal symptoms such as moodiness, hot flashes, etc there are medications or herbal substances that you can use. Take care.
Dr. Owen and 2 other Health Specialists are ready to help you