How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Anil Your Own Question
Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 9512
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Anil is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am having moderate to sever pain in my lower ab/pel area.

Resolved Question:

I am having moderate to sever pain in my lower ab/pel area. I have recentley had a ct scan of my ab/pel w/wo contrast. My appendix shows a 1cm calcific density in the lower right quadrant of my appendix, also I have a low lying cecum likely representing an appndicolith. I woke up this morning with pain i my lower right side and when I went to urinate the smell was awful. I am asking you if you can please advise my couse of acton in relation to tis matter, my PCP does not open for an hour.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 8 years ago.
As such you should undergo a urine routine examination to rule out associated urinary tract infection as well .

Appendicoliths can cause problems especially acute appendicitis .

As such based upon your history of right lower quadrant pain it is ideal for you to go to ER ASAP for appropriate treatment .

Dr. Anil and other Health Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 8 years ago.
Appendicoliths may be an incidental finding on an abdominal CT but since you have symptoms ( Right lower quadrant ) pain you should be seen at ER .