How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Saha Your Own Question
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 17824
Experience:  35 years of experience
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Saha is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a rash in my inner thighs. It doesn't appear to be

Resolved Question:

I have a rash in my inner thighs.
It doesn't appear to be spreading.
at first I thought it was a heat rash as I have gained a little weight and my inner thighs do rub together more, but after using over the counter cream it still is there after a week.

it hasn't spread to my genitals it is just the inner thigh.

could this be a STD?

could it be a heat rash?

any other thoughts?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 8 years ago.

How long are you having this?

Is it on both sides?

How is its appearance?

What treatment did you take?

Did you have any other symptom or previous illness?

Thank you.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Have had for about 10 days

yes on both sides

redish skin, looks like broken blood vessles under the skin about 1/8 inch diameter, no raised bumps

from top of the inner thigh it goes down about 2 1/2 inches

from fron to back about 5 inches

I used A+D ointment for the last four days, applying after morning shower

no other symptom

Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 8 years ago.

The red rashes in inner thighs are most likely due to fungal infection which is known as intertrigo.

It does not appear to be STD.

It usually occurs due to sweating or moisture, specially in warm weather.

Sometimes bacterial superinfection may occur.

An examination by doctor will help to reach the diagnosis.

Keep area dry and cool.

Use cotton and loose underwear.

You can need antibacterial and or antifungal cream.

You can apply otc antifungal cream like lotrimin or lamisil till you see doctor.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Please ask if you need any clarification.

Thank you.

Dr. Saha and other Health Specialists are ready to help you