How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Singh Your Own Question
Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 6496
Experience:  MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Singh is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a large painful lump just inside my vagina. When

Customer Question

I have a large painful lump just inside my vagina. When spread apart it looks like the opening to my vagina is covered. It hurts to sit and stand and seems worse after a long day on my feet. Sex is extremely painful. When I sneeze it feels like a pin sticking me. It has been going on for about 2 weeks. I have no insurance and no way to seek medical help and I am very scared.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 8 years ago.
This is most likely an inflamed Bartholin gland. This is commonly caused by bacterial infection. Initial treatment is to soak the area in warm water 4-6 times a day for few minutes each time. Also you should be taking analgesics like Ibuprofen 800 mg three times a day. If symptoms persist or get worse, then you should really see a doctor for an exam. Prescription antibiotics may be needed for treatment. A surgical excision of the abscess may also be needed.