How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Owen Your Own Question
Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, Doctor
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 55754
Experience:  Board Certified Physician and US Medical School Graduate
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Owen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I recently got a dui. i had not drank for hors and ate. more

Customer Question

i recently got a dui. i had not drank for hors and ate. more sugar level was above 500. my bac level said i was 0.14. which made no sense to me on the time frame i had drinks. i am a reaponsible drinker aqnd take care of my diabetes. i know i was sober driving. how do i prove that my high blood suger level may have spiked my bac levels.'
'thank you
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 8 years ago.
I would recommend finding an endocrinologist who can explain the process of lactic acidosis (which forms alcohol). Also, an attorney who does DUI cases, REGULARLY - will help you out - I hope this helps, please take care.