A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

Is it possible to tell that you are 3 weeks pregnant with a

Customer Question

Is it possible to tell that you are 3 weeks pregnant with a home pregnancy test?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. S Riaz replied 7 years ago.
<p>It can be confirmed whether you are pregnant or not but the duration of pregnancy can not be told. It should ideally be done after a week of missed period though the manufacturers claim that it can be done on the first day itself and is pretty accurate. Blood test gives can be done earlier and is even more accurate.</p><p> </p><p>Please, click the ACCEPT button so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a positive feedback will be appreciated.</p>
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I did not think that your answer answered my question and i ws completely dissatisfied with the answer.
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 7 years ago.

You cannot tell the length of gestation with a home pregnancy test. It only tells if you are pregnant or you are not pregnant. There is no way to tell how many weeks pregnant someone is just using the test.