Dr. S Riaz
Dr. S Riaz, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MS from KGMU, India (one of the best medical colleges in India)
14102772

I'm concerned about my 42 year old husband. He was released

I'm concerned about my 42 year old husband. He was released from the hospital about four weeks ago after a week-long stay. Before he was admitted to the hospital, he suffered with abdominal pain, nausea and fever for over a week. He had diverticulitis and an abscess drained. He wore the drain for a total of 11 days. By the time the drain was removed, there was no more fluid coming out. He attended his follow up appointment with no problem. Since his release, he has been good about taking his two antibiotics. Tonight he has been having intense nausea and a fever of 101 degrees. At what point should he go back to visit his doctor?
lt;p>Fever is a sign of infection and I would advise you to see your doctor early. He will need to be investigated and may be prescribed different anti-biotics depending upon the results.</p><p> </p><p>Please, click the ACCEPT button so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a positive feedback will be appreciated. Follow-up questions, if any, are most welcome.</p>
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Ok, thank you. do think he needs to go to the emergency room now (it's nearly 2 am here and we have 2 kids at home) or do you think it can wait until the morning? Do you think that this fever is related to the diverticulitis or some other problem?
You can wait till morning but if he worsens you should take him to a doctor as he recently had a surgery and has not been examined for the development of new symptoms.