Ask Koleen Roeder A.A.A. R.N. retired You...
Koleen Roeder A.A.A. R.N. retired
Koleen Roeder A.A.A. R.N. retired, Nurse
Experience:  I have been in nursing since 1983, I have worked all fields of practice, including home health.
19331547

I feel a burning pain in area between anus and testicles

Customer Question

i feel a burning pain in area between anus and testicles when i try to lift heavy objects or jump off something. it feels like a hernia but i am not sure. i have had it for years but it is becoming more frequent with phyical activity that puts strain on that area. it happend when i was jogging as soon as i tried to break into a up hill sprint today. i am concerned.
Category: Health
Expert:  dr.vikrambhatt replied 8 years ago.
lt;p>Hello</p><p>Any discharge through that area?</p><p>Since how many days you have these symptoms?</p><p>Age?</p><p>Pain in urination?</p><p> </p>
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
it started years ago when i jumped off a high object. its was a intense burn/ pinching feeling. it would bother me here and there for the following yrs but not bad enough to worry till it became more frequent lately while putting stress on the region. it happend today after jogging a few miles then breaking into a sprint up a hill. it stoped me quick. 28yrs old, no pain during urination, no discharge. it only happens w strain in the area between anus and testicles. i only know the name of the area as the gooch. i know thats not the correct name but that is as best as i can describe it.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

i believe it is some kind of hernia but im no expert

Expert:  Koleen Roeder A.A.A. R.N. retired replied 8 years ago.
wow, when you get this discomfort have you noticed if one of your testicles may be swollen or red. If this occurs, than you most likely have an ingunial hernia. This is the ingunial fossa is to large and part of the intestine can fall through the hole. This causes the hernia. It can slip back and forth, but sooner or later it can get caught and strangulate. This is bad!!!!!! You need to be seen by a doctor to rule this out as the problem. Remember high school sports physicals? That is what they are checking for. God Bless.
Experience: I have been in nursing since 1983, I have worked all fields of practice, including home health.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
i looked at the part of the body in which that hernia happens and it wasnt it. my problem is in the middle between the anus and testicles. i have had no issues with my testicles.
not yet!!!!! But you have pressure and pain in the rectal wall, get checked out