How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dr.vikrambhatt Your Own Question
dr.vikrambhatt, Doctor
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 544
Experience:  General Physician with vast experience in active medical practice.
Type Your Health Question Here...
dr.vikrambhatt is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have plugged ears, a runny nose, drainage in my throat, a

Resolved Question:

I have plugged ears, a runny nose, drainage in my throat, a sore throat, and a yellow coating on my tongue. I have never had this yellow coating before- white yes, but not yellow. What is this yellow coating and is it a sign of tonsilitis?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  dr.vikrambhatt replied 8 years ago.
Did you recently used antibiotic therapy?
Are you smoker?
Are you using chewable antacids?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I was prescribed 5 days of antibiotics on July 15. I am not a smoker and have not used chewable antacids.
Expert:  dr.vikrambhatt replied 8 years ago.
Well, these are the possible factors that can lead to changes in the color of the upper surface of the tongue.
poor oral hygiene ,use of certain mouthwashes
toothpastes and growth of bacterial or fungal organisms.
In you case, it can be due to fungal infection. </You need to take nasal inhalers like ipratropium bromide (Atrovent). Take excess of fluids. Also you need to have chest x-ray .Also do steam inhalation. Take a bowl of hot water, and put 2 tsf of salt in it. You can also put menthol in it if you have some</p><p>Also Drink a glass of warm lemon juice daily.You can Improve your immunity by taking a multivitamin multimineral supplement.</p>
Also certain allergies, and viruses can cause this condition. You need to get nose and throat examination from ENT doctor, along with invetsigation like X-ray of nasal sinuses
dr.vikrambhatt and 4 other Health Specialists are ready to help you