Dr David
Dr David, Doctor
Experience:  Board-certified pediatrician at children's hosptial, chief resident, multiple publications
20089981

Recovery time for a hip fracture with no surgery

Customer Question

recovery time for a hip fracture with no surgery
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr David replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for your question. Need more information, however. Is this in a child? If so, how old is the child? Is the child otherwise healthy? How was the hip fracture treated?

If this is in an adult, please reclassify the question.

Thank you, ***** *****
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
quot; I ", am a 39 year old male in good health, but over weight who slipped on a wet floor going first to a left knee then to the left hip after the knee hit the wet floor and slipped out from under me as well. Three trips to the ER, before an X-ray then a CT scan and a surgeon said, " You have a fracture, luckly no need for surgery, one night in the hospital then you can go home, stay in bed and I`ll see you in a month and a half. Stay off the left leg, use crutches to go to the bathroom and to eat when your out of the bed . "
Expert:  Dr David replied 8 years ago.

I think you mean for this to be an orthopedics question or general medical health question. It was in pediatrics. I'm not an orthopedics expert and I recommend that you repost in the appropriate area.

Best wishes with your hip, Dr David