Dr.Chan
Dr.Chan, Physician
Experience:  Practicing Medicine and Surgery since 1992
17282639

I JUST FOUND OUT I HANE FLUID BEHIND MY EYE WHAT IS NORMALLY

I JUST FOUND OUT I HANE FLUID BEHIND MY EYE WHAT IS NORMALLY DONE FOR THIS ALSO CAN THIS CAUSE BLINDNESS OR IS THIS SOMETHING THAT CAN BE HEALED THANK YOUI
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr.Chan replied 8 years ago.

HelloCustomer

Are you referring to fluid in the retina? Do you have diabetes? or high blood pressure? What other medical conditions do you have? What medications do you take?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I AM A DIEBETICS AND TAKE GLYBURIDE TWICE A DAY I CONTROL MY DIABETICS BY DIET AND GLYBURIDE MY READING BEFORE BREAKFAST HAVE RAN BETWEEN 75 - 86 FOR THE LST MONTH AND THIS IS NORMAL READINGS FOR ME VERY SELDOM DO I GO OVER 100 THANK YOU WAITING FOR YOUR REPLY ALSO I WAS WANTING TO KNOW WHAT THEY DO FOR THIS
Expert:  Dr.Chan replied 8 years ago.

Diabetes causes weakness in the blood vessels in your body. When the vessels get weak, they leak fluid into the surrounding tissue (called edema). When that happens to the small vessels in the retina in the back of the eye, this edema causes decrease in your vision. Many times, if the fluid is minimal or minor, we give it time for your body to absorb it all (over several weeks to months). If your body can't absorb it or if there is lots of fluid, we do a laser treatment (called focal grid laser) to help the body absorb the fluid better. The laser is generally done in the office over about 15 minutes.

Remember that what is happening in the retina is also happening everywhere else in your body as well (your kidneys, heart, lung, brain).

Hope this helps and thank you.