Dr.  RK
Dr. RK, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S. , over 7 years of experience in the field of Medical practice
14180959

I have a itch inside my penis head but no smell or

I have a itch inside my penis head but no smell or discharge. I've not had sex outside my marriage and i believe the same can be said for my wife what could be causing this
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 8 years ago.

Dear *****,

Greetings and welcome to justanswer,

How long are you having itch?

Any associated fever, redness, swelling, burning sensation, increased frequent urination?

Did you have any investigation or consulted a doctor yet?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
This same type of itch been happening at least 20 yrs or so . the first time in 96 and i thought i had a STD so i went to the doctors and the results came back negitive . It doesn't burn, but it does feel funny when i urinate. Also, it often seems to happen when my urine is dark due to dehydration . No redness and I urinate fequently mainly cause i drink alot of water due to my concerns behind dehydration.
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 8 years ago.

Dear *****erey,

Thank you for the information,

Theer are some common causes of such penile itching.The common ones are irritation to soap, dermatitis, balanitis, psychogenic, psoriasis, etc.

Since you were tested negative for STD so i advise you to have the relevant investigations done like repeat urine routine examination, urine c/s, blood counts,etc.after consulting your urologist to know any associated abnormality as the infection are common causes of such itching.

You should also see that you are not allergic to any soap which you apply as the allergy can also cause such penile itching.The other cause of such itching is dermatitis.The treatment of allergy is avoidance of irritants and use of antihistamine drugs like benadryl, pheniramine, etc.

The other causes are stress, psychogenic, etc. which needs the treatment accordingly. You should see that you drink more water and avoid dehydration.

The treatment depends on the underlying cause.

Please visit here for more information:

causes of penile itch

Let me know if you have any doubt.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
if I'm interpeting you correctly, if no STD is involved its more or less some sort of infection or allergic reaction to something.
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 8 years ago.

DearCustomer

Thank you for the enquiry,

Yes, if the STd is ruled out then there can be chances of some allergy to soap, condoms, any creams if you use, etc which can cause such allergy and itching.The fungal infection can also cause such similar symptoms.

The other possibility can be due to stress, or psychological cause.Its better to have the relevant investigations done to know the cause.

Let me know if you have any doubt.

Thank you!