Dr. Susan
Dr. Susan, Doctor
Experience:  Board certified in OB/GYN
19018599

Combine word parts to form medical words associated with

Customer Question

• Combine word parts to form medical words associated with the blood, lymphatic, integumentary, and endocrine systems.

• Interpret medical terminology associated with hematology, dermatology, and endocrinology.

• Correctly pronounce medical words associated with hematology, dermatology, and endocrinology.

• Apply language associated with hematology, dermatology, and endocrinology to a medical context.

Use five medical words discussed in this week’s reading to create a SOAP note. Respond to other students by adding anything they may have missed, correcting any errors, complimenting them on proper usage, or expanding on the details of the SOAP note. Be sure to use a proper and respectful online tone.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Susan replied 8 years ago.
I am not sure I understand what question you are asking. Please be more specific.
Expert:  Dr. Susan replied 8 years ago.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I am doing a homework assignment where we have to creat a SOAP using words from this weeks lesson we only have to use five words here are a few words from the lesson
Hematopoiesis, erythroblast, reticulocyte, erythropoietin.
Expert:  Dr. Susan replied 8 years ago.

This seems like a pretty difficult assignment. A SOAP note stands for

1. subjective : for example, "patient states she is feeling well and her pain is under control"

2. objective: "Pt appears well. Vital signs are stable"

3. Assessment: Post op Day #2 from a hysterectomy

4. Plan: Will advance diet. Ambulate.

The words you list do not seem to fit into a practical clinical scenario. Hematopoiesis is red blood cell formation, erthroblast is a baby red blood cell, reticulocyte is also a blood cell in the early stage of formation and erythropoiten is a substance made in kidneys that helps to make red blood cells. Is there a patient or clinical scenario they are trying to teach? What type of class is this?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
This is for a healthcare class those are just some of the words that are in one of the chapters we are learning about Hematology and immunology. There is no scenario given we are just supposed to come up with one using 5 words from this weeks lesson
Expert:  Dr. Susan replied 8 years ago.

So I think you could make a soap note like this (and feel free to embelish it a bit).

S: Pt states she is feeling well today. Tolerating food and ambulating without difficulty since her surgery.

O: Vital signs are stable. The hematocrit is 25 and the reticulocyte count is elevated.

A: Patient is status post hysterectomy day #2 complicated by intraoperative bleeding.

P: Will give erythropoiten to stimulate hematopoiesis. Will recheck blood count including erythrocyte levels.

This is not really a very practical note but does include the terms you mention. Please let me know if you need more assistance. Dr. Susan

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank You for your help, I can tweek it from there. Thanks so much.
Expert:  Dr. Susan replied 8 years ago.
You are welcome. I hope you do well.