Smoore
Smoore, CMA
Experience:  Many years of giving solid medical advise to patients, family and friends.
18662087

I WAS TAKING TOPAMAX FOR CRONIC PAIN FOR 6 MONTHS IT WAS THE

Customer Question

I WAS TAKING TOPAMAX FOR CRONIC PAIN FOR 6 MONTHS IT WAS THE ONE AND ONLY MEDICINE THAT HELPED WITH MY CRONIC FOOT PAIN. DR. SCOTT TRIED OVER 12 DRUGS ,NOTHING HELPED. APROX. 3 MONTHS AGO IT WENT GENERIC. I TOOK IT FOR 9-10 DAYS AFTER 2 DAYS I BROKE OUT WITH BAD ACNE. THEN I WAS IN THE RESTROOM WITH TUMMY TROUBLE 2X DAILY FOR A WEEK. I HAD TO STOP TAKING THE GENERIC. I WANT TO TAKE THE BRAND NAME TOPAMAX BUT MY $420.00 MONTH INSURANCE WILL NOT PAY FOR IT AND IT COSTS $350.00 A MONTH!!! PLEASE TELL ME IF THERE IS ANY WAY HOW I CAN GET THE MEDICINE CHEAPER! PLEASE,PLEASE PLEASE! =(
Category: Health
Expert:  Smoore replied 8 years ago.
Hello Tammy
What insurance do you have?
Stick with me today and we will figure something out.
~SM
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
FLORIDA HEALTHCARE TRIPLE OPTIONS
Expert:  Smoore replied 8 years ago.
Hello Tammy
I have looked into your drug coverage plan and it does cover this drug under a tire 3 I am also sending you the chart as to what you should have to pay.

You can click here to go to the page that has the charton page 7. Page 28 to find the drug
Please let me know if this helps.
~SM
Please know that I do not get paid for my time and effort unless you hit the green accept button. When I have given you the answer you are looking for please hit that green button. If I did a really good job a bonus is greatly appreciated! Leaving feedback is a way to let others know how I have helped you.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I CANNOT AFORD $350.00 PER MONTH ISNT THERE SOME PT. ASST WITH THE COMPANY? I NEED IT YESTERDAY. MY PAIN FLARED UP AND ITS HARD FOR ME TO WALK. I NEED IT NOW. I DO NOT HAVE $350.00 I HAVE LESS THEN 1/2 OF THAT. MY INSURANCE DEDUCT. IS $1000.00 THERE NO WAY I CAN PAY AT THIS TIME...
Expert:  Smoore replied 8 years ago.
What strength are you taking?
~SM
Expert:  Smoore replied 8 years ago.
I have found this medication at Costco.com price as follows

TOPAMAX 25 MG TABLET (MCN) $153.79 for 60 pills