Mel.
Mel., Nurse
Experience:  Qualified in 1977,have extensive coronary care & general experience,plus stress related conditions.
11403612

My butthole is very raw. It hurts so to wipe. I do have a

My butthole is very raw. It hurts so to wipe. I do have a Hemmroide (spelling?) and I do use meds for that, but I can't get the rawness to stop. Please help.
Category: Health
Expert:  Mel. replied 8 years ago.

Hello Amy Jo,

Have you tried Anusol or Preparation H cream?

Have you just recently develpoed this problem?

Have you had any diarrhoea recently?

It would help me to know.

Mel.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I have tried both of those. I have had the hemroide for a while and did also just have bad diarrhoea, those have cleared up, but the skin around my hole (about 2 inches) is so raw. I also am on anti bateria meds for an bladder infection. I also have a vaginal tear and am using neosporen to heal it. My main issue is the sensetivity of my hole. If it gets moist it only chaps worse.

Thank you for your help

Expert:  Mel. replied 8 years ago.

OK, well firstly be sure to use only unscented creams. Secondly, when you need to wipe, try using wet toilet paper which will ease the pain on wiping, and then just pat dry with a dry piece of paper.

You could place a piece of gauze there to absorb any excess moisture from sweating.

It is probably the fact that you have recently had diarrhoea with the acidity and the constant wiping which has caused it to become so bad.

You could actually, instead of creams, use vaseline which is waterproof and will provide comfort as well as protection.

In severe cases hydrocortisone cream can be helpful also.

Try not to become constipated so that you don't have to push. Drink plenty of fluids and eat plenty of roughage.

You might also benefit from a stool softner such as sennokot for this purpose.

You can get Germaloid Tissues from pharmacies which are moist wipes. these too may well help to lessen the pain.

When you shower or wash, use only unscented soap, or better still try E45 dermatological wash. It will feel strange at first because it doesn't lather, but it would be much kinder to you skin.

I do hope these ideas will help you, I know what pain that sort of thing can cause.

I do so hope it clears up soon.

With very best wishes

Mel.

Expert:  Mel. replied 8 years ago.

Hello Amy Jo,

Is there anything you want me to elaborate on? If so let me know and I will be happy to explain anything.

Thank you for using Just Answer.

Love Mel.