How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. M. Lahkar Your Own Question
Dr. M. Lahkar
Dr. M. Lahkar, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 1349
Experience:  MD in Radiodiagnosis
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. M. Lahkar is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Severe pain and burning under shoulder blade, radiates down

Customer Question

severe pain and burning under shoulder blade, radiates down the arm into the chest .. going on 3 yrs
worse when sitting up or with any use ... had physical therapy, arthritis meds, and a chiro helped a bit but he seemed to take me as far as i could go... what can i do ?? so sick of this horrible chronic pain....
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. M. Lahkar replied 8 years ago.
Is there any pain in the shoulder joint?

Any history of trauma or playing some sport like tennis?

Are you diabetic?

Any sensation like tingling or numbness in the arm?

I'm still online to answer your queries after you send me this info.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

no sports injury..

fell down the stairs 3 yrs ago and its never been the same .. just got worse

not diabetic,

burning sensation in shoulder arm and into chest.. one side only

also issometimes just sensitive to light touch

Expert:  Dr. M. Lahkar replied 8 years ago.
Hello, the history indicates that the shoulder joint may be the cause for your symptoms.

There are many conditions that can affect this joint and a specific diagnosis can be obtained by doing an MRI of the joint and soft tissues.
The various conditions are: shoulder dislocation, separation, tendinitis, bursitis, impingement syndrome, torn rotator cuff, frozen shoulder, shoulder fracture, and arthritis of the shoulder.

Here is a link about the conditions and their related symptoms.

I suggest that you consult an orthopaedic surgeon and get the appropriate disgnosis first and then treated accordingly.

In case of severe arthritis of the shoulder joint, it requires total replacemment surgery.

I hope my answer is helpful to you. For accepting the answer, please press the "GREEN ACCEPT" button.
I would be highly obliged for a POSITIVE FEEDBACK and BONUS from you.
Dr. M. Lahkar and 2 other Health Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

unfortunatly , these things were already ruled out with an mri... then i went thru physical therapy and the problem got worse.. i was told that i dislocated it but that muscles had healed incorrectly

i am always in severe pain to the point where i must lie down flat , no matter where i am , to keep from pasing out from the pain...

the chiro worked on my neck and helped with some of the problem