How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Salar Your Own Question
Salar, Doctor
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 9049
Experience:  int.medicine board eligible, research fellowship cardiology.. working at UTMCK
Type Your Health Question Here...
Salar is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an ear infection in my right ear. I was put on 2000

Resolved Question:

I have an ear infection in my right ear. I was put on 2000 mg of amoxicillian and and it got worse, and now I am on cefuroxime axetil 500 mg a day, and it doesn't seem to be getting any better. I cannot hear out of my ear and I have severe sharp pain with it! How do I get rid of this infection?!
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Salar replied 8 years ago.
you should see an ENT doctor so that he can examine the ear properly and identify the cause . you may need CT / mri to get better picture of the ear canal. hearing loss is worrisome and need quick diagnosis/ treatment. doctors need to rule out cholesteatoma.
Salar and 4 other Health Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
What is cholesteatoma? Sounds very serious!
Expert:  Salar replied 8 years ago.
<p>see this link </p><p> </p><p></p>