How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Doctor G. Your Own Question
Doctor G.
Doctor G., Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 1228
Experience:  Internal Medicine / Cardiology / Endocrine questions
Type Your Health Question Here...
Doctor G. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my doctor requested me to get blood work ( 7600 ) LIPID panel

This answer was rated:

my doctor requested me to get blood work ( 7600 ) LIPID panel and b 10124 cardio crp. He sent this request through. What is the blood work for? Customer
Ms. West,
Thank you for your question.
The numbers really don't mean anything accept for coding and billing purposes.
The Lab work is what matters.
1) The lipid panel is to test for your cholesterol. It has different components to it. It includes a total cholesterol, LDL, VLD, HLD, and triglycerides.

2) The cardio CRP is a tests for a protein that is produced by the body when there is inflammation. In this case it sensitive to the heart. This test assess relative risk of cardiovascular disease or assess risk of a recurrent cardiovascular event in patients with coronary heart disease.

If you have anymore questions, please feel free to ask.

God Bless.

Have a blessed Wednesday.
I hope I’ve been able to shed a little light on this for you.
If you have further questions on this topic, please feel free to ask.
Please remember to press "Accept"

You should always consult with your physician for the proper diagnosis and treatment.
The above was for educational purposes only and does not confer a doctor-patient privilege or relationship.

Doctor G. and 4 other Health Specialists are ready to help you