Dr. Ketch, Doctor
Experience:  Medical Degree, Former Assistant Professor at School of Medicine at Yale University
11115704

If you have a mild concussion that occured today can you fly

If you have a mild concussion that occured today can you fly tomorrow and can you go to sleep?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Ketch replied 8 years ago.
Sleeping after a concussion is normal, but spleep periods that lengthen and become deeper can be signs of serious involvement and requirement of prompt medical attention.

Sure you can fly after a concussion, but headaches associated with concussions can become worse. Something to look out for.

Don't take aspirin, Motrin, or any other medication that contains ibuprofen. Tylenol is the safest because the other ones tend to increase the risk of bleeding. If you experience nausea, excessive tiredness, restlessness, disorientation, etc... get medical help immediately.

This should answer your question. Please click on the green ACCEPT button for me to get credit for my work. Bonus would be helpful. Positive Feedback is appreciated. Please do not hesitate to ask questons for clarification.