Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  U.S. Physician/Surgeon in Neurosurgery
206912

Dear DR. Mark I need urgent assistance re the pending civil

Dear DR. Mark
I need urgent assistance re the pending civil action set to take place over 5 days from the 24TH--28TH August this year. You offered your expert opinion some time ago petaining to an overdose of heparin administered mistakenley to my wife.I have since obtained expert opinion here in South Africa but unfortunatley the expert has taken up a post in the USA and will no longer be able to leed his evidence at the hearing. His opinion was as follows.
Case analysis
A Heparin was probably administered in overdose as suggested by:
a) nurses report b) Significant increase in PTT c) Development of clinically significant bleeding, temporally related to heparin administration.
The omission in this instance was failure to determine that inadvertant heparin administration had occurred and that corrective action was needed.

B. Failure to appropriately manage hypovolemic shock. Severeal opportunities existed for the diagnosis of shock that was unrelated to the primery result and more s
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 8 years ago.
OK.

From what you have written here, it sounds as if his opinion is appropriate.

However, the last part of part "B" did not transmit fully. Can you repost that part for me?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
B cont.
Failure to appropiatley manage hypovolemic shock. Several oppotunities existed for the diagnosis of shock that was unrelated to the primery result and more specifically was related to new onset blood loss. Failure to identify its presence resulted in failed conservative management of hypovolaemia, refractory shock and fatal outcome as a result.
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 8 years ago.
OK.

The expert's opinion does sound appropriate in this case, and should help you in your case. To me, it would seem to be very difficult for the defendants to have any reasonable defense for their actions.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for the confirmation Dr Mark it certainly makes me feel better although I am still faced with the problem of trying to obtain expert opinion from another expert as he maintains that he has taken up a post in the USA and will not be available for the court dates to present his evidence. Feel like a holiday in SA ?? COURT DATES SET FOR THE 24TH THROUGH TILL the 28TH August this year.
Best regards XXXXX XXXXX
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 8 years ago.
Best of luck -- it seems you have a good case, and I wish you luck in finding another expert for your case.