How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask A. Schuyler, NP Your Own Question
A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 16292
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
Type Your Health Question Here...
A. Schuyler, NP is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Where can I find an MD in Southern California - possible at

Resolved Question:

Where can I find an MD in Southern California - possible at UCLA who uses medical leeches and treats patients with gangreen feet?
Thank you
R. Van der Hoof, Ph.D. (###) ###-####
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 8 years ago.


Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. Dr. Ron Sherman at the University of California - Irvine is an expert in the use of biologicals for wound healing, including the use of leeches and medical maggots (usually a better choice for debridement than leeches).

UC Irvine gets their medical maggots from Monarch Labs. They also maintain a list of practitioners, but they do not publicize it. You can contact them via email for a referral in your area.

A. Schuyler, NP and 3 other Health Specialists are ready to help you