How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Charogat Your Own Question
Charogat, Doctor
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 1803
Experience:  Licensed in both NYS and NJ with experience in surgery and medicine.
Type Your Health Question Here...
Charogat is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Started with pain in the hips and swollen right hand and arm

Resolved Question:

Started with pain in the hips and swollen right hand and arm for no reason .After being prescribed antibiotics and pain meds it getting worst spreading to knee and ankles. This is all in a 3 week period. the pain and swelling alternates from hand and knees ,hips and ankle. Beside artheritis test what other tests should doctors be doing?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Charogat replied 8 years ago.
Thank you for coming to with your question.

Other things your doctor can do to investigate the reason for your symptoms include blood tests (which I'm sure they have done) also looking specifically for a uric acid level. They might be able to culture your blood to make sure that this isn't an infection that is living in your blood. Also, depending on your lifestyle etc. they might want to do an echocardiogram to make sure that you have no damage or growths on the leaflets of your heart valves. Testing for lyme disease is also an option. Also a remnant of a strep infection can be looked for.

If you want to see some more investigation I was able to find the following link on the web. I do not know this site, nor do I know if its content is correct. I am simply sending the link to you in case you want to see or investigate a long list of things that could possibly cause your symptoms (commonly called 'migratory arthritis').

Good Luck and G-d Bless You
Get well soon

You should always consult with your physician for the proper diagnosis and treatment.
The above was for educational purposes only and does not confer a doctor-patient privilege or relationship.

If you were satisfied with my answer please click 'accept' so that I can be paid for my time. Thank You.
Charogat and other Health Specialists are ready to help you

Related Health Questions